When I first visited Ibiza I didn’t really know what to expect. I knew it was one of the one of the premiere party spots in the world, but other that I had no clue about the island. To Europeans, Ibiza is a little bit like Vegas or South Beach. It’s a magical party place where they can go and get away from their normal lives not to mention close geographically (30 minute flight from Madrid). For us Americans, it’s a long journey, the dollar isn’t worth as much as it used to and we have a limited number of vacation days so planning is definitely needed to make sure this trip is an epic one. I’ve traveled to Ibiza for the past 5 summers, so I can consider myself a seasoned Ibiza Vet. I also run a travel company (http://www.ToursGoneWild.com) that takes people to Ibiza, so I need to know the ins and outs of the island as well as get great feedback from my suppliers that live there all year. To make your Ibiza Trip ONE FOR THE AGES, I’ve compiled a brief list of suggestions to make sure you don’t make some of the mistakes I and others have made in the past.
- WHERE TO STAY – Try to stay in Ibiza Town or close to it. Great suggestions are Playa d’en Bossa, Figueretes or Talamanca areas. All are close to the center of town and to 2 of the islands best clubs – Space & Pacha. AVOID SAN ANTONIO. It is a little grimy and full of young college students. If you are looking for an upscale holiday, do not stay there.
- PICK YOUR NIGHTS IN ADVANCE – If you have a set DJ in mind that you want to see, definitely purchase the club tickets or make table reservations in advance. Most clubs in Ibiza sell out for the big DJs so you don’t want to get there and not be able to see your favorite DJ. If you book with TGW, an Ibiza Expert will assist you in picking the best nights for your dates. Your club tickets will be delivered to you when you arrive at the airport.
- IF YOU ARE A DRINKER, GET TABLE SERVICE – Some people find this out the hard way (…meL). Keep these numbers in mind – 60 – 80 Euros Cover & 15 Euros per drink. It’s very easy to spend over 200 Euros in 1 night without getting the VIP Treatment. If you have connections in Ibiza, you can get a minimum consumption with bottle service between 200 to 400 Euros per person per night. It’s definitely worth it because you will spend just as much and get a lot more. C
- RENT A CAR/SCOOTER OR HIRE A CAR SERVICE – Although Ibiza can be considered a small island, it’s actually pretty spread out. From my experience it also seems that the more posh the event or place, the further it is from everywhere. Keep in mind that the island does crack down on drinking and driving so if you are drinking, the best choice is hiring a driver.
- GO IN JULY OR SEPTEMBER – July is a very good month to go in that all of the top DJs are on the island and it’s not as unbearably packed as August, which is the most expensive month to go. You will get the best deals in September and if you wait until mid to late of the month, you will have access to some of the best parties of the season – The Closing Parties.
- DO NOT MISS AN IBIZA SUNSET – Ibiza sunsets are world famous. Two of my favorite places to watch the sunset are in San Antonio by Café del Mar and Sunset Ashram. An Ibiza sunset is extremely cool especially as it’s done to chill out music and once it sets, the place erupts in claps and cheers as if it was a big time production.
- CHOOSE A TRAVEL COMPANY – If you want a no hassle experience, go with TGW Travel Group. We take care of everything and all you have to worry about is having a great time. Check out our Ibiza Vacation Packages.
We also recommend downloading our Ibiza Travel Guide.