1) Is this a group trip? – YES. Our Rio Carnival package is large group trip with many travelers and local TGW staff members hosting you all week long during Carnival.
2) What age range is this trip for? – All age ranges are welcome for our Rio Carnival package and our group is quite diverse. Most of our travelers are working professionals between 25 and early 40’s (not a backpacker trip by any means!) but we do have people of all ages that join in the fun and often about 1/3 of the group is over 45! (we have had clients as young as 18 and as old as 95 party and have a blast with us!) Bottom line, if you want to have fun and experience Rio carnival you will have a great time with us!
(Rio Carnival Group selected pictures from previous years)
3) Is it okay if I travel alone? – Absolutely! You are in good company!! Many clients travel with our Rio Carnival package to join a group and meet like minded travelers and make friends to hang out with. If you are traveling alone we can also possibly provide you with a roommate to share a room with and you can split the cost of the room and save quite a bit of money. Click Here to get pricing and mention that you want a roommate.
4) How structured is this package? Do I have any free time on my own? – Our Rio Carnival package is loosely structured to provide you with both awesome structured group events (Such as a Welcome Mixer and Carnival parties and a Tour of the Christ Statue) and plenty of free time to relax and explore Rio’s beaches, take in street parties or join optional sightseeing excursions.
5) What if I do not want to join a group? Can I just purchase a Rio Carnival Package?- If you do not want to join a group we can customize an awesome private independent package for you to experience the best of Carnival without any of the structured group activities and with the full support of our local Rio office which is on call 24/7 to assist you locally in Brazil . We have been in business for over a decade and can definitely provide you with a competitive and high quality package if you do not want a group experience. Click HERE for a private customized Rio Carnival Package “quick quote”.
Local Rio de Janeiro Staff – we are here to help!!
6) What if I do not want parties? – As mentioned above, people of ALL AGES participate in our packages and you will feel welcome at all of our parties/Carnival balls/events. For this reason most people do want them but if you are not interested in parties we can customize an excellent package without parties. Click HERE for a quote and just mention you are not interested in the parties and we can customize an independent package for you.
7) What parties are included in the package? – Our standard Rio Carnival package includes two Rio Carnival parties as well as a welcome mixer to meet other group members and our local TGW Brazilian staff. These parties are carefully selected by our staff in Rio which as been closely working with the best nightlife and party producers in Rio for over 12 years now and are a mix or private parties, concerts, private events and carnival balls. Click HERE for more information on Rio Carnival balls.
We try to take our guests to events that are NOT common for tourists to attend and are where LOCALS typically frequent and not tourist traps . We provide local guides to take you to all parties that stay all night at all venues to make sure everyone has a great time!
(Our group had a VIP section upstairs overlooking the concert venue)
(Private club party thrown by one of Rio’s best promoters).
8) Are tickets to the Carnival included in the package? – No. We sell tickets separately or you can switch out the two events for Carnival tickets if you are not interested in the parties. The reason they are not included in the base package is because people purchase different types of tickets and they vary greatly in pricing. Click HERE for more FAQ’s regarding the Sambadrome and tickets.
9) Do you provide payment plans? – Yes! Our Rio Carnival packages can be paid in monthly installments up to December and in some cases January without any additional interest or cost. The earlier you book the better, as prices tend to go up the longer you wait (especially for the air). Additionally, the best value and most popular hotels tend to book quickly.
10) Do I need a visa to Travel to Brazil? – Citizens of the USA/Canada/Australia and MOST countries (except for EU and certain Latin American countries need BOTH a Visa and passport to travel! You must obtain a VISA prior to travel or you will be denied boardingyour flight!! Click HERE to read through info on how to get a visa etc.
11) Can I customize the Trip? – To some extent. Carnival occurs on set dates (changes every year – RioCarnivalDates.com) and many hotels start billing obligatory Rio Carnival “flat fee” packages beginning either Friday or Saturday. In certain cases we may be able to customize the dates SLIGHTLY. As far as adding dates or destinations we can DEFINITELY do so. Popular “add ons” include the Amazon, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires and even Machu Picchu Peru.
Get a Quick Rio Carnival Quote
If you have any questions not answered in this post about our Rio Carnival packages contact us! If you would like a quick quote for Rio Carnival, please fill out the form below.