Explore the “lungs of the world” on a Full Day Anavilhanas Islands Tour from Manaus. Then head to the largest freshwater archipelago, Anavilhanas, on the Rio Negro to explore the area and enjoy a traditional Amazonian lunch on the banks of the river or a floating house, depending on the weather.
Full Day Anavilhanas Islands Tour Description:
Departure from Manaus traveling westward up the Negro River towards the Archipelago of Anavilhanas, the largest freshwater fluvial archipelago in the world, with more than 400 islands that form a great labyrinth of flora and fauna. On a full day, it is only possible to enter the first group of Islands.
Crossing the islands, at Acajatuba lake, it will be possible to walk in the jungle with a local guide from there. Then we will visit a typical Farinha manufacturing house.
Farinha is a plant that is a very important food staple for people along Rio Negro. Also by the lake, we will see the freshwater dolphins of the Amazon and have an opportunity to swim along with them.
A lunch box is provided with a stop on one of the beaches of the Rio Negro or we can also stop at a floating deck restaurant. On the next stop, we will head to an indigenous tribe village where the local guide will explain the habits and customs of the natives and also have an opportunity to see and buy handicrafts made by the natives themselves.
If there is still time, we will swim in one of the beautiful white sand beaches of Rio Negro (during the low season) and then return to Manaus sailing through the channels of Tarumã.
- Discover the wonders of the Amazon on a full-day tour from Manaus
- Visit the freshwater Anavilhanas Archipelago on Rio Negro
- An Amazonian lunch and round-trip hotel transportation is included
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required