We always recommend our clients to use their credit cards over debit cards when they are traveling because it’s less risky. You don’t want someone cloning your debit card overseas, especially if it has direct access to your checking account. Cash is always king with small purchases, but most places are now accepting credit cards.
Does it feel like every time you travel overseas you are getting screwed by crazy foreign transaction fees (Some Credit Cards charge up to 5%!!!!) or incredibly bad exchange rates when exchanging money. If you are more into using plastic over cash, it’s worth checking out these credit cards.
Here are the Best Travel Credit Cards with ZERO Foreign Transaction Fees.
1. Chase Sapphire
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is another great travel rewards credit card, and our favorite in Chase’s lineup with a fantastic signup bonus of Earn 40,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. The points are worth 25% more when you redeem them for travel through Chase’s booking tool, an opportunity offered on no other personal Chase credit card. The card also earns 2 points per $1 on travel and dining and 1 per $1 everywhere else. With the 25% travel boost, your rewards rate could be as high as 2.50% and 1.25%. It has an Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95.
Chase Sapphire allows you to transfer points 1:1 to United MileagePlus, Southwest, British Airways, Korean Air, Ritz-Carlton, Marriott, Hyatt, Priority Club, Amtrak
2. Bank Americard Travel Rewards Credit Card
This is a great option because it gives you 1.5 points for every $1 you spend and it doesn’t charge an annual fee. Other benefits include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Online-exclusive 10,000 bonus points if you make at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days – which can be redeemed for a $100 statement credit towards travel purchases
- Redeem points to pay for flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars, or baggage fees with no restrictions or blackouts
- Book travel as you normally would and go online or call to redeem your points for a statement credit towards all or part of your travel purchases
- There is no limit to the total number of points you can earn and points do not expire
- Now with chip technology for enhanced security and protection when making purchases at chip-enabled terminals. Soon to be the security standard in the U.S. and accepted in more than 130 countries.