One of the best ways to experience the Hungarian capital is by taking part in the Budapest Bike Tour. Your Danube river views bike ride will take a relaxed and very flat route and cover areas along the bank of the River Danube. You’ll cruise along the Andrassy Boulevard, checking out some of Budapest’s most stunning examples of architecture along the way, before stopping to see the magnificent St. Stephen’s Basilica. Next, you’ll glide over to Liberty Square for a look at one of the last remaining Soviet relics in the city, before moving on to take the view – and no doubt some photos, of Budapest’s truly spectacular Parliament building. And, from here on the riverbank, you can also enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the Castle District which includes Matthias Church, the Royal Palace and the Fisherman’s Bastion. On the next part of the Danube views bike ride, you’ll cross over the Margit Bridge and check out the Buda side of the city. Here you’ll ride along the banks of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas Baths and the famous Gellert Baths before returning to the Opera House to finish off the tour.
Budapest Bike Tour Highlights:
- Small-group tour
- Learn the basics of Hungarian culture and history
- Cycle around the Opera House, St Stephen’s’ Basilica, the Parliament and Chain Bridge
- Enjoy both Buda and Pest promenade bike lanes and Margaret Bridge
- Ride to Gellert Hotel, Liberty Bridge, the Market Hall
Excluded and Notes:
- You must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 2,5 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- transportation to the Bike tour office.
- Monument entrances
- meals or drinks.
click HERE for more Budapest Tours