It is impossible to imagine a trip to Rio de Janeiro without visiting Corcovado Mountain, home of the world famous Christ the Redeemer statue. Unveiled in 1931 and voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, this impressive monument is often credited as the most iconic site in Brazil. The Christ statue in Rio is the largest art deco statue in the world measuring 130 feet (39 meters) tall with its arms measuring 98 feet (30 meters) across. The half day Christ the Redeemer Statue Tour includes a guide to accompany you and share historical information about the Christ statue and important landmarks along the route.
Corcovado with Christ the Redeemer Statue Description:
After picking you up from your hotel, we’ll pass by the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas (Lagoon) on our way to reach the Cosme Velho Train cog station, which sits at the bottom of Corcovado Mountain. Here, we will take the train ride up to the base of the statue, through the dense Tijuca rain forest.
With a panoramic view from the top, the guide will show you the spectacular sights of Rio and the surrounding countryside for approximately 40-60 minutes and tell you a bit of history of the Christ Statue.
After riding the train back down, followed by a panoramic (external) visit to the Maracanã stadium and additional stops at the Sambódromo (Sambadrome), the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the Selarón Steps and passengers are returned to their hotels.
Keep in mind that the Christ Statue tour may also include a van up to the base of the statue in lieu of the train depending on traffic and other factors.
Why Should You Go?
Chances are, any postcard, movie or Instagram picture you have probably seen of Rio de Janeiro has featured the Christ the Redeemer statue. Not only is the statue incredible, but the view is amazing and you can literally see all parts of Rio de Janeiro. If you were to only do one tour in Rio, the Corcovado with Christ the Redeemer Tour is a can’t miss!
- Guided tour to Corcovado Mountain and Christ the Redeemer
- Visit to the world’s largest urban rainforest
- Going with a guide allows you to learn its historical and ecological significance
- Hotel pickup in the South Zone, Centro, or cruise port makes it convenient
- Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in Downtown, São Conrado, Barra, Leblon, Ipanema, and Copacabana*
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Train Ticket (where applicable)
- Food & Beverages
- Optional Gratuities
- Not generally wheelchair accessible.
- Light walking required.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time (if applicable)
- Open to all ages