Escape the hustle and bustle of Medellín in our Full Day Penol & Guatape Tour exploration of the charming villages and gorgeous scenery found in the surrounding Colombian region of Antioquia.
Full-Day Penol Guatape Tour Description:
Only an hour and a half drive away from Medellin, Guatapé y El Peñol are the most loved and visited places in Antioquia. El Peñol rock, a natural wonder, is a monolith 2,135 meters above sea-level and is the third-largest stone in the world that attracts people from all over the world!
We will take our first stop in the old town of El Peñol, a replica of a typical Colombian village that was completely flooded in the late 1970s. After visiting this interesting site, it is time to climb the famous El Peñol rock.
Walking up the almost 700 steps of the El Peñol rock, you will be enjoying the best panoramic view of Guatapé Lake and this stunning region. It would be totally worth it!
The final destination will be Guatapé, Colombia’s most colorful town. You can enjoy a traditional lunch (not included), explore this beautiful colonial village and walk around the colorful streets and traditional houses.
- Visit Piedra del Peñol, a towering monolith
- Visit Guatape
- The expansive view from the top of Piedra del Peñol
- Roundtrip transportation to & from central Medellin hotels
- Guided tour of Penol and Guatapé
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your central Medellin hotel
- Live tour commentary in English
- Optional Gratuities
- Wheelchair accessible
- Guides: Temperature is measured at the beginning of each working day
- Periodic disinfection of vehicles
- Use of antibacterial gel and alcohol
- This experience requires good weather.