This Full-Day Rio Tour with Lunch is a comprehensive “Best of Rio” tour all in one day. If you want to see it all or only have one day, this is a great tour for you.
Full Day Rio Tour with Lunch Description:
The morning tour starts with a panoramic tour of downtown Rio where you’ll pass by the famous Sambadrome, the exhibition area for the renowned Samba schools in Rio during Carnival. A brief stop is made at the Metropolitan Cathedral, made famous for its unusual pyramid shape. Admire its beauty and rareness from both the outside and the inside.
Your panoramic city tour continues with a visit to the traditional Cinelandia Square where you’ll tour the various historic buildings such as the Municipal Theater, the National Library, and the National Museum of Fine Arts.
Head towards the Urca neighborhood, where one of Rio’s most iconic symbols is located, Sugar Loaf Mountain. Traveling up Sugar Loaf mountain on a cable car, you’ll make a brief stop at a vantage point at approximately 700 feet (215 meters) above sea level.
Capture unparalleled panoramic views of the city, Guanabara Bay, the Rio-Niteroi Bridge, and Corcovado Mountain. You’ll then ascend to the peak of Sugar Loaf for breathtaking views of Copacabana Beach, the Santa Cruz Fortress, and the beaches of Niteroi.
You’ll then enjoy lunch (included in the price) at a Brazilian restaurant before starting the afternoon portion of the tour.
After lunch, you’ll pass through the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas district (except on Sundays) on your way to the Cosme Velho train station. Enjoy a scenic cog train ride through the Tijuca rainforest up to the 125 foot (38 meters) iconic Christ Redeemer Statue.
You’ll spend approximately 45 minutes at the statue where you can capture once in a lifetime photo opportunities. After the train ride back down, you’ll be dropped back off at your hotel.
Departs: Daily (mornings)
Duration: Approximately 10 hours
- Single day tour captures all of Rio’s highlights
- Learn about the city through your guide’s commentary
- Buffet lunch
- Round-trip port or hotel transportation
- Buffet lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrances to the Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entrance to the Sambodromo.
- Entrance to the Maracana Stadium.
- This tour can also be broken into two “half-day” tours (one of Sugarloaf and the other of Christ Statue) and done over two days.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer request ID for children in order to confirm the age discount. If requested, you must present a copy of ID.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- We do not operate this tour during Carnival season due to heavy traffic.
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended for this tour.
- Certain landmarks or routing of the tour may change due to traffic or weather conditions
- Tour is “Rain or Shine”