Guanabara Bay Cruise with Lunch you will appreciate Rio from the sea, its historical buildings and the forts that protected the Guanabara Bay. Built by the Portuguese in 1555, see the Bay from a very special angle. We will sail to see the most beautiful landscape of Rio. It is the largest bay of the world in volume of water, it has several islands, as the Governor’s island, Fundão and Snakes island. In the west margin we see Rio de Janeiro, and East the municipal district of Niteroi. A city vision is discovered as we leave ” Marina Da Gloria “, neighborhoods of Botafogo, Flamengo, Urca, among others.
Guanabara Bay Cruise with Lunch Tour Description:
After the pick up at your hotel, you get to Marina da Gloria, where the boat leaves at 9:30am or so. From the Bay, you will have the oportunity to see the Museum of Tomorrow (Museu do Amanhã), built by the famous Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava.
As you go on, and cross under the Rio – Niteroi bridge, you can see the neighborhood of Santa Teresa, the Santos Dumont airport, and the three forts that were built to protect the city, the São João Fort, Lajes Fort and Santa Cruz Fort. You will come across the city of Niteroi, on the other side of the bridge side, from here you will have one of the best views of Rio de Janeiro. Take your time to take mental snapshots of beautiful Rio and actual Snapshots to show it to friends and family.
During our tour on the Schooner, if you are looking to let off some steam, just help yourself with the bar inside the boat, where you can buy caipirinhas and others alcoholic drinks or sodas and water. But we offer season tropical fruits, such as watermelon and pineapples for free!
After heading back, you will drive back through Aterro do Flamengo from where you can see the beautiful Sugar Loaf in all its glory, before arriving at a traditional Barbecue Lunch, All you can eat style (If option selected. If not, you will be dropped off at your hotel).
Brazilian Churrascarias (Barbecue places) offer a wide variety of sides and alternative options, in case you decide to stick with a vegetarian option, you will still leave delighted. After this delicious lunch, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 4 to 6 hours approximately
- Schooner Tour on Guanabara Bay
- Great views of Sugar Loaf Mountain
- See the neighborhood of Santa Teresa and the Santos Dumont airport
- Behold the modern Museum of Tomorrow
- Pass under the Rio-Niterói bridge
- Lunch at a Barbecue Restaurant in Ipanema’s Neighborhood
- Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana (South Zone), and some in Barra da Tijuca
- Professional Tour Guide
- 2-hour Guanabara Bay schooner cruise
- Lunch at Barbecue House (all you can eat style – if option selected)
- Food and Drinks
- Optional Gratuities
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- The bay ride is made by Schooner and takes around 2 hours.