Rio Hiking Tour starts with access via the Vidigal favela, a peaceful community with gorgeous views of the ocean, the Dois Irmãos hiking is a must-do when in Rio.
Rio Hiking Tour – Dois Irmaos & Vidigal Description:
We begin our journey as an authentic local resident, using the transports that circulate inside the favela. From the end of Vidigal to the top of Dois Irmãos, where its 533m gives us an amazing view of the touristic shore of the city, we have a secondary Atlantic Rainforest vegetation, which is still under-recovery.
On the top, fill your eyes with such beauty of the beaches of Rio seen from above. When returning, we take a walk inside Vidigal back to the entrance of the favela.
The tour leader will guide you through the forest to the first lookout point, from where you can see the grandeur of one of the largest slums in Latin America, the Rocinha favela.
The next viewpoint allows a beautiful view of Pedra da Gavea and Pedra Bonita, as well as Serra da Carioca and Corcovado. The tour follows to the top of Dois Irmãos, from there it is possible to see the entire South Zone of Rio, from Botafogo to Leblon.
Why Should You Go?
The Dois Irmãos trail starts on the top of the Vidigal Favela, which we will go up by a local van. After hiking for around one hour and a half through the forest, we will reach the summit of the highest mountain, standing at 533m / 1750ft of altitude.
It is the perfect viewpoint to understand the social occupation and contrasts in Rio de Janeiro and also the beautiful way the Tijuca Forest mixes with the city. On the way back, instead of using the local van, we will go down walking and make a tour through the favela.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Experienced Eco-adventure guide
- Guided hiking to Dois Irmãos summit
- Guided tour through Vidigal favela
- Personal accident insurance
- Any item not listed as included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 18years
- A high amount of strenuous uphill hiking & walking is involved in high heat.
- Please wear comfortable and appropriate shoes.
- You must have an adequate fitness level in order to participate.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund