The Historical Tour of Salvador is a charming 4-hour tour in Salvador of Bahia, the first capital of Brazil. It has one of the most striking and powerful cultures in the country.
And it is influenced by the African people who left cultural heritages in music, food, and local religion. You can witness this local culture left by the Africans in Pelourinho, highlight point of the tour.
Historical Tour of Salvador Description:
The first visit, we head to Santo Antonio da Barra Fort that was built in 1536 to protect the Bay of All Saints. After 162 years later it gained a lighthouse to guide the boats coming to the coast. The “Farol da Barra” which still works to this present day.
Then we visit São Diogo Fort from where you have an incredible view of All Saints Bay. We will pass through the Corridor of Vitória, Largo do Campo Grande (one of the circuits of the carnival), and 7 de Setembro Avenue.
Furthermore, we continue our tour to Pelourinho. The Historic Center of Salvador. While we are there, we’ll also make a stop at Municipal Square which has a panoramic view of the Lower City (Lacerda Elevator, Commerce, Salvador Harbor, and Mercado Modelo).
Mercado Modelo is one of the oldest and most traditional commercial zones of the city of Salvador. Its architecture protected by the National Historical Heritage.
The building holds 263 art-craft stores. We will also make a stop at Sé Square, a place that keeps ruins of the first Basilica of Brazil located next to Salvador’s first Archbishop’s Palace.
We continue the City Tour towards Largo do Pelourinho, where there are the Rosário dos Pretos Church and Jorge Amado House Foundation.
Finally, we head to the São Francisco Church and Convent, considered one of the most unique and rich expressions of Brazilian Baroque.
When does it run? Daily
Duration: 4 hours
- Gain a unique perspective of Salvador as you tour the city with a professional guide
- Begin the day at Barra Lighthouse, offering great views of All Saints Bay
- Incredible panoramic view of the Lower City
- Explore the Historical Center of Pelourinho
- Enjoy the beautiful 16th century, baroque-style architecture
- Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in Salvador – See Salvador Hotel Pick-Up List
- Tour Guide
- Entrance fees to museums, churches, or any other attractions.
- Food and Beverages
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Light clothes and comfortable walking shoes are recommended