If you are traveling to Ibiza for the first time and looking for some Ibiza Travel Advice, I’m your man! When I first visited Ibiza I didn’t know what to expect (back in 2006). I knew it was one of the premier party spots in the world, but other that I had no clue about the island. To Europeans, Ibiza is a little bit like Vegas or South Beach. It’s a magical party place where they can go and get away from their normal lives not to mention close geographically (30-minute flight from Madrid or Barcelona). For us Americans, it’s a long journey, the dollar isn’t worth as much as it used to and we have a limited number of vacation days so planning is needed to make sure this trip is an epic one.
After traveling to Ibiza a couple of times, I knew I needed to offer this destination to my clients. It’s one of those places that you have to visit at least once in your life. It’s not only the party capital of the world from mid-May to October, but the island is beautiful. To make your Ibiza Trip ONE FOR THE AGES, I’ve compiled some Ibiza Travel Advice to make sure you don’t make some of the mistakes I made on my first trip there.
Top Travel Advice for Ibiza First-Timers:
- WHERE TO STAY – Try to stay in Ibiza Town or close to it. Great suggestions are Playa d’en Bossa, Figueretes, or Talamanca areas. All are close to the center of town and to 3 of the island’s best clubs – Ushuaia, Club Hi, & Pacha. AVOID SAN ANTONIO. It is a little grimy and full of young college students. If you are looking for an upscale holiday, do not stay there. You can always just take a cab and check it out. I personally like to stay in Playa d’en Bossa
- PICK YOUR NIGHTS OUT IN ADVANCE – If you have a set DJ in mind that you want to see, definitely purchase the club tickets or make table reservations in advance. Most clubs in Ibiza sell out for the big DJs so you don’t want to get there and not be able to see your favorite DJ. If you book with TGW, an Ibiza Expert will assist you in picking the best nights for your dates. Your club tickets will be delivered to you when you arrive at the airport or emailed to you before the trip so that you can print them out or show them on your phone.
- IF YOU ARE A DRINKER, GET TABLE SERVICE – Some people find this out the hard way (…like me). Keep these numbers in mind – 60 – 80 Euros Cover & 15 to 20 Euros per drink. It’s very easy to spend over 200 Euros in 1 night without getting the VIP Treatment. If you have connections in Ibiza, you can get a minimum consumption with bottle service between 200 to 400 Euros per person per night. It’s worth it because you will spend just as much and get a lot more.
- RENT A CAR/SCOOTER OR HIRE A CAR SERVICE – Although Ibiza can be considered a small island, it’s pretty spread out. From my experience, it also seems that the more posh the event or place, the further it is from everywhere. Keep in mind that the island does crackdown on drinking and driving so if you are drinking, the best choice is hiring a driver.
- GO IN JULY OR SEPTEMBER – July is a very good month to go in that all of the top DJs are on the island and it’s not as unbearably packed as August, which is the most expensive month to go. You will get the best deals in September and if you wait until mid to late of the month, you will have access to some of the best parties of the season – The Closing Parties.
- DO NOT MISS AN IBIZA SUNSET – Ibiza sunsets are world-famous. Two of my favorite places to watch the sunset are in San Antonio by Café del Mar or Cafe Mambo and Sunset Ashram. An Ibiza sunset is extremely cool especially as it’s done to chill out music and once it sets, the place erupts in claps and cheers as if it was a big-time production
To see more recommendations, I recommend downloading the TGW Travel Group Ibiza Travel Guide.
About Me – Santiago Mejia:
I’ve traveled to Ibiza 10 times and I also run TGW Travel Group. Apart from constant communication with my suppliers, TGW Travel Group has been providing vacation packages to Ibiza since 2007. If you want a no-hassle experience, go with TGW Travel Group. We take care of everything and all you have to worry about is having a great time. We only offer destinations in which we have personally been and partner up with the best suppliers in each destination.
Check out our Ibiza Vacation Packages.