Located 130km/81 miles south of Rio, Angra dos Reis is a beautiful coastal town with pristine beaches. With an archipelago of more than 300 islands and countless beaches the Angra dos Reis Full Day Tour is a can’t miss.
Ilha Grande Full Day Tour Description:
The town of Angra dos Reis has been continuously settled since the early 1500s. There are many lovely old buildings from the colonial past when the town was a great port and agricultural center.
Begin the Ilha Grande Full Day Tour with a ride from Rio de Janeiro to Conceição de Jacarei, in the Costa Verde region. Head to the port to board the schooner towards Ilha Grande (District of Angra dos Reis City). aboard the schooner and enjoy the paradisiacal landscapes.
Make your first stop on Ilha de Cataguás, its calm blue waters are a perfect invitation for a swim. Then, head to Ilha Grande and discover the Lagoa Azul (Blue Lagoon), check out the collection of starfish at the bottom of the ocean, as well as colorful fish and corals in this natural pool perfect for snorkeling and swim with floating “noodles”. Visit the Freguesia de Santana, a small beach that houses the first church of Angra dos Reis, built in 1843.
Visit Praia do Japariz and enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant and a refreshing dip in the sea. After return to Conceição do Jacarei to disembark at the pier and return comfortably to Rio de Janeiro.
Why Should You Go? It’s breathtaking! The crystal clear waters and pristine white sand draw visitors from all over the world.
Times: 7:00am – 6:00pm
Duration: 12 hours
Type: Regular (non private)
Activity Level: Low/Medium
- Adventure to the islands of Ilha Grande, Angra dos Reis City on a 5-hour guided cruise
- Enjoy a hot and cold buffet lunch on board the boat
- Plunge into turquoise waters around Angra dos Reis for a relaxing swim
- Boat (schooner) tour in Ilha Grande with stops for swimming
- Buffet lunch at Praia de Japariz with vegetarian options
- Professional guide with live tour commentary in English, Spanish & Portuguese
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Drinks, appetizers, and desserts (available to purchase on the boat)
- Diving mask/snorkel (available for rental on the boat)
- Access for people with locomotor disability condition
- Tips (optional)
- Keep in mind that this is a regular tour with other tourists so the bus will be picking up and dropping off people in different hotels. If you would like to avoid picking up and dropping off other passengers, please ask for the last meeting point location when calling to reconfirm or when selecting your pick up point.
- Departure times for this tour vary by date with special departure times during Carnival as there are street closures during this time.
- Pickup is available from most major hotels in the zones Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, and Copacabana, or the cruise ship port.
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date.
- For your safety, the boat (schooner) ride in Ilha Grande, as well as all nautical routes, are subject to change according to maritime conditions and intervention by the Brazilian Navy.
- It is recommended that you bring water, sunscreen, a towel, extra dry clothes, and a camera.