The Istanbul Full Day Tour is the perfect way to see the city’s main attractions in one day.
Istanbul Full Day Tour Highlights:
- Hagia Sophia
- Blue Mosque
- Obelisk of Theodosius
- Grand Covered Bazaar
- Topkapi Palace
Istanbul Full Day Tour Description:
Tour the “Sultan Ahmet Center”, the heart of the “Old City” from where the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires were ruled.
Hagia Sophia, the Church of the Divine Wisdom, one of the greatest marvels of architecture, constructed as a basilica in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian.
Blue Mosque, facing Hagia Sophia, famous with its blue İznik tiles and unique with 6 minarets, built in the name of Sultan Ahmet.
Hippodrome, center of sportive events (chariot races, athletics) and political activities of the old city. Serpentine Column, Obelisk of Theodosius and German Fountain of Wilhelm II are the monuments decorating the Hippodrome.
Grand Covered Bazaar, most attractive shopping center and the biggest “souk” in the world with nearly 4000 shops selling antiques, jewellery, gold, carpets, leatherware and souvenir. (Art demonstration of handmade Turkish carpets upon request)
Lunch at a Turkish Restaurant.
Topkapı Palace, residence of Ottoman Sultans exhibiting imperial treasury, sacred Islamic relics of Prophet Mohammed, kitchen, Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy section etc. Live guide commentary is not allowed in special sections. (Harem is not included in the program)
Sultan Tombs, there are five tombs of Ottoman Sultans within the graveyard at Hagia sophia.
The ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of the 16th century with purple, red, green and blue flower motives. Prince robes and a small piece from the Kaaba covers are displayed on the sarcophaguses.
- Free pick up and drop off service from most of the city center hotels
- Muesum Entrance Fees
- Donations to the Mosques
- Round Trip Transfers from/to Central Hotels
- Transportation with A/C Vehicles
- Drinks at lunch
- Optional Gratuities
- Sophia is closed on Mondays and it’ s replaced with Underground Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnici).
- Blue Mosque – visited from outside on Friday mornings until 13:00 because of noon-prayer
- Topkapı Palace is closed on Tuesdays and the whole tour is replaced with Patriarchate at Fener, Church of Panagia of Blachernae, St. Savior in Chora, Anemas Dungeons and Tekfur Palace (from outside).