For those wanting a day trip out of Munich, the Neuschwanstein Castle Tour is highly recommended. This tour includes a visit to the iconic castle, as well as to Linderhof Royal Palace and a brief stop at the village of Oberammergau. Hidden in the seclusion of the mountains, German King Ludwig II built two of his dream castles – Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Both testify to the vision of Bavaria’s fairytale King. Departing from Munich, you’ll first visit Linderhof Castle, a French rococo-style castle inspired by Versailles itself and surrounded by immaculately manicured gardens. A quick shopping and photo stop in the charming village Oberammergau will recharge your batteries for the second half of your day. You’ll arrive at idyllic Neuschwanstein Castle around 1:00 p.m, where you’re free to enjoy approximately 4 hours to explore the castle before returning to Munich in the evening. This full day tour lasts approximately 10 hours but is a very good day for those wanting to see the famous castle and region around Munich.
Neuschwanstein Castle Tour Highlights:
- Discover the magic of Neuschwanstein Castle, the Fairy Tale Castle
- Visit Linderhof, an exquisite 19th-century royal palace
- Stop for a visit and time to explore the charming village of Oberammergau
- Tour Busses With Air Conditioning, Bathrooms, and Room For Luggage (1 piece per person)
- Live Castle Tour Guides
- Food and Beverages
- Entrance Fee for both Castles of € 27 euros
- Optional Gratuities
- Pickup from our hotel – you must meet at a designated location in the morning of the tour .
Time Spent At Attractions:
1 Hour – Linderhof Castle
30 Mins – Oberammergau Village
3.5 Hours – Neuschwanstein Castle