Our Pedra de Gavea Hiking Tour is no doubt one of Rio’s most amazing adventure tours, just a short trip from the city. Go for a climb up this impressive monolith, the world’s largest coastal granite formation, to its majestic summit for incredible views in all directions.
- 7-hour tour you’ll hike up Rio de Janeiro’s Pedra de Gavea
- This hiking tour takes place in Tijuca National Park, which means you’ll be hiking inside the Atlantic Rainforest in Rio.
- Reach one of Rio’s Highest Peak.
- Views from Some of Rio’s Landmarks
- An easy trail takes the group to one of the most stunning summits of Rio de Janeiro.
Description of Pedra de Gavea Hiking Tour:
Shrouded in mystery, the giant appears imposing and beautiful in the most admired adventure in the city. In the standard circuit hike, overcoming the steep path all the way up and the basic climbing section are the challenge to experience the rewards.
But don’t worry, the climbing gear is included and no previous experience is needed. In the advanced circuit hike, the jungle is really dense until reaching the Garganta do Céu grotto, unique place that reveals one of the most stunning views.
From there, we’ll overcome several steep obstacles to reach the summit of Pedra da Gavea, also going through a basic climbing section. Once at the top, we are rewarded with nature’s master piece.
This hiking tour takes place in sector C of Tijuca National Park, which means you’ll be hiking inside the Atlantic Rainforest in Rio and that there is a great chance of running into some of the local wildlife.
Remember that the climate is very hot and humid, so dress accordingly and come prepared for some good exercise. The path is steep all the way up with several natural obstacles that we’ll have to overcome.
On our way back, we use the climbing gear to accelerate and provide a pleasant descent. There’s nothing to fear though, the entire hike and climb are perfectly safe. If you have an adventurer’s soul, this is the tour you’ve been looking for! Ready to go?
Pedra de Gavea Hiking Tour Includes:
- Eco-Adventure english speaking guide
- Guided hiking to Pedra da Gávea summit
- Rock climbing certified equipment for use in the activity
- Personal accidents insurance
- Any item not described as included
What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes with good grip, enclosed and covered (sneakers, boots, etc.)
- Light snack
- Compartment for water (we suggest bringing at least 3 liters)
- Compartment for garbage
- Sun block
- For those who are allergic to mosquitoes, we recommend bringing repellent