Perito Moreno Glacier Tour crosses the Los Glaciares National Park allows you to focus on the views and snapping photos of the scenery. Follow your guide to see the Perito Moreno Glacier from multiple angles on the various walkways and lookout points while listening to the engaging commentary on the geology, environment, and wildlife. Take your experience up a notch with an optional boat cruise along the glacial wall.
Perito Moreno Glacier with Boat Ride Description:
The tour is a must-do. Our adventure starts once we depart El Calafate and arrive at the entrance of Los Glaciares National Park.
The moment we arrive at the park, there is no denying the massive beauty of the Glacier. We will then travel by boat so that we can be closer to the impressive south wall of Perito Moreno. You’ll be glad you brought your camera as we will have plenty of time to take in its beauty and grandeur.
The continuously growing the tour advances on the waters of the lake until reaching the opposite shore. It is because it’s still growing that the rupture takes place.
This is a spectacular process that begins as the glacier advances to the front of the peninsula of Magallanes until forming a natural dam. This formation obstructs the drainage of the water from the Rico Arm to the Channel of the Témpanos.
Eventually, this tunnel collapses releasing the trapped water. This event can last from 1 to 2 days and offers a spectacular show of singular beauty.
Duration: 7 hours
Days of Operation: Everyday
- Navigate the Rico Arm and pass in front of the wall of Perito Moreno Glacier
- View the Glacier from the pasarelas
- Watch and listen to the falling ice from the glacier into the water
- View and enjoy the surrounding environment
- Round-trip hotel transfers in El Calafate
- 30-40 minute Safari Boat Ride just in front of Perito Moreno Glacier
- Visit of Perito Moreno Glacier national park
- National Park Admission
- Optional gratuities
- It is recommended that you wear warm, comfortable clothes and shoes and bring water, snacks, and sunscreen
- Passport name, number, expiry, and the country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible