The Petropolis Day Trip From Rio is the perfect side trip for those who wish to know a bit more about Brazilian history and imperial times and are interested in exploring Rio’s history. Located between the forested hills of the Serra dos Órgãos, Petropolis, the imperial city, is a very well known winter holiday spot. The city has appealing weather and exquisite landscape, besides many cultural and natural attractions.
Description of Petropolis Day Trip:
The city of Petropolis is located 60 km away from Rio and has been called the Imperial City since the times of Emperor. Settled by the Germans, Petropolis keeps the memory of Brazilian history alive with its buildings and charming streets.
This tour starts with the visit to the Imperial Museum, which has been the summer residence of Monarch and keeps furniture and objects such as the crown of gold, pearls, and diamonds used by D. Pedro I and D. Pedro II.
The tour will continue to the Gothic Cathedral where Princess Isabel was buried along with the tombstones of D. Pedro II and his wife. From there you will see the Crystal Palace, built in France and mounted in Brazil, destined to shelter exhibitions and great parties promoted by Princess Isabel.
- Full-day guided tour from Rio de Janeiro to Petropolis, also known as the Imperial City
- Discover royal memorabilia, jewels and historical artifacts at the Imperial Museum
- Visit St Peter of Alcantara Cathedral and observe royal burial sites
- Stand amazed inside the glass-and-steel solarium of the Crystal Palace
- Upgrade and take a tour of Cervejaria Bohemia Brewery (entrance fee and beer tasting included)
- Museum entrance fee and round-trip transport from most Rio de Janeiro hotels included
- Round-trip Transfer from Most Hotels
- Professional Tour Guide
- Optional Gratuities
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Moderate walking is involved.