- Full-day guided tour from Rio de Janeiro to Petropolis, also known as the Imperial City
- Discover royal memorabilia, jewels and historical artifacts at the Imperial Museum
- Visit St Peter of Alcantara Cathedral and observe royal burial sites
- Stand amazed inside the glass-and-steel solarium of the Crystal Palace
- Upgrade and take a tour of Cervejaria Bohemia (entrance fee and beer tasting included)
- Museum entrance fee and round-trip transport from most Rio de Janeiro hotels included
Why Should You Go?
Visit the city of Petropolis, called the Imperial City since the Emperor Pedro II.
Description of Petropolis Day Trip:
The city of Petropolis is located 60 km away from Rio and has been called the Imperial City since the times of the Emperor Pedro II. Settled by the Germans, Petropolis keeps the memory of Brazilian history alive with its buildings and charming streets.
This tour starts with the visit to the Imperial Museum, which has been the summer residence of the Emperor D. Pedro II, and keeps furniture and objects such as the crown of gold, pearls and diamonds used by D. Pedro I and D. Pedro II.
The tour will continue on to the Gothic Cathedral where Princess Isabel was buried along with the tombstones of D. Pedro II and his wife. From there you will see the Crystal Palace, built in France and mounted in Brazil, destined to shelter exhibitions and great parties promoted by Princess Isabel.
- Round-trip Transfer to Most Hotels
- Professional Tour Guide
- Optional Gratuities