Made famous by instagramers from all over the world, the Rainbow Mountain Tour is a can’t miss. This full day tour does require a superior fitness level as the trek is difficult.
Rainbow Mountain Tour Description:
You will be picked up very early from your hotel to start the Rainbow Mountain Full Day Tour. We will start our journey across Valle Sur toward Phulawasipata, which is the starting point of our hike to the Cerro Colorado or 7-color Mountain, located about 100 km. southeast of Cusco city.
After enjoying our breakfast, we will start our hike to reach the control center and enter this mystical place. During our walk we will observe how colors around us change due to the weather. We will reach an altitude of 5000 meters, approximately, which is the top of this mysterious mountain.
Geological formations will reveal all its splendor; the contrast of the blue sky creates a formidable line between the coast desert and the Amazon jungle, guided by the beautiful Ausangate.
After a guided visit, we will have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area. At the arranged time, we will return to Cusco.
Duration: 15 hours
Days of Operation: Everyday
Difficulty level: Intense / Ascending walk of 8 km (5 miles) approximately
- Hike the beautiful Rainbow Mountains
- See exotic wildlife in their natural habitat
- Enjoy an outdoor activity and contemplation of a visual wonder
- Pick up & Drop off from your Cusco Hotel
- Bi-lingual Guides
- Box Lunch
- Prior acclimatization is required (1 or 2 days)
- Wear comfortable and warm clothes, sunglasses, hat or hat with wide brim, trekking shoes (not sports shoes).
- Bring a camera, small backpack, sun block and water bottle.
- Superior Fitness Level is recommended for this hike. If you are not in good shape, we do not recommend it.