We invite you to an unforgettable experience behind the scenes of the Rio Carnival Backstage Tour at Samba City and a time travel through the historical streets of Little Africa, which hides the secrets to this party!
Rio Carnival Backstage Tour at Samba City Description:
The Carnival Experience tour program comes with the idea of presenting the universe of the Rio de Janeiro samba schools, showing the backstage of the creation of the show and the history of the birth of samba and of the Rio de Janeiro carnival.
This narrative is told by Pimpolhos of Grande Rio, which, in partnership with their “mother school”, the Grande Rio Samba School, open the doors to the ludic universe of carnival to enchant the great audience with the characters of this beautiful popular manifestation.
The Rio de Janeiro Carnival is one of the major events of the city, and attracts people from all the corners of Brazil and the world to experience this passion. In Rio, there are more than 90 samba schools, in which participate on average 100.000 components. There are thousands of professionals involved that work throughout the year to hold this party: musicians, choreographers, dancers, artisans, samba masters and producers.
The Pimpolhos of Grande Rio is a youth samba school and a non-governmental organization whose mission is to promote social interaction and educate through the culture of carnival.
The Carnival Experience tour program is part of the pillar of socioeconomic sustainability institution and arises from the need to diversify its source of funds to ensure the continuity of their sociocultural projects. Carnival Experience is a social business and contributes in the maintenance of future carnivals.
Duration: 1:30 hour
Available: Monday to Saturday
- Guided tour to the Grande Rio samba factory – one of the main Samba Schools of the city of Rio de Janeiro
- Presentation of the explanatory panel: some of the history of samba and the carnival parades
- Getting in the mood: costume layout to dress and photograph
- Samba Flavor: welcoming caipirinhas
- Samba Class with a Passista!
- Bilingual guide
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Rare glimpse at Rio’s Carnival backstage
- Other services not specified above
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate