One of Brazil’s passions is its futebol (soccer in Portuguese). If you are in Rio de Janerio and love sports (even if you do not like soccer), we highly recommend checking out a Rio de Janeiro Soccer Match!
Rio de Janeiro Soccer Match Description:
The excitement of a game is incredible especially if it’s a Classico between one of the Rio de Janeiro squads. The city has 4 big teams – Flamengo, Botafogo, Fluminense and Vasco da Gama. Flamengo and Fluminense usually play at the World Famous Maracana Stadium while Vasco and Botafogo have their own stadiums (Sao Januario & Stadium Nilson Santos respectively).
The soccer season extends from January until December with the Rio de Janeiro State Tournament that goes from January until April. After this, there is a brief stop and then the Brazilian Championship starts in April and ends at the beginning of December.
In between all of this, you will also have International competitions like Copa Libertadores and Sur Americana as well as Copa Brasil.
- See One of Rio’s Top Teams – Flamengo, Fluminese, Vasco de Gama or Botafogo
- Visit Maracana Stadium – One of the most famous stadiums in the world where World Cup Finals were held and greats like Pele, Zico, Romario, and many more have played.
- Even if you do not follow football (soccer), watching a soccer match in Brazil is a must-see experience. The passion the fans have for their teams is like no other.
- Transportation to/from your hotel (Only for hotels in Leblon, Ipanema or Copacabana)
- Game Tickets
- Guide with Group
- Food and drinks
- We can include a Rio de Janeiro Soccer match in any of your Rio packages with us.
- We will check your dates and let you know if we can include it in your package.
- You can also check out other Rio de Janeiro Tours we offer.
Check out other Rio de Janeiro Tours