Rio de Janeiro has some great places to surf for all levels. If you are looking for Rio de Janeiro Surf Lessons, we can add them to your package without a problem.
Surfing is one of Brazil’s most popular sports (apart from football). Year after year, the country churns out World Champions like Gabriel Medina & Italo Ferreira. In Rio de Janeiro, surfing is a way of life. It’s practiced all over the city.
For beginners or intermediate surfers, our Rio de Janeiro surf lessons take place in Aproador. It’s a beach in between Copacabana & Ipanema so it’s close to your accommodations. It’s the top place to surf in the South Zone. The waves at Arpoador are neatly formed in crystal clear waters against a stunning backdrop.
For skilled surfers, the best breaks are located away from the South Zone and in the Barra region. The waves are much larger there and a lot of competitions are held in that area. If you would like surf lessons in this area instead, let us know and we can arrange it.
Other great spots to catch waves in Rio that are a lot further away Itacoatiara and Prainha. For these spots, you would need to hire a car service as they are about an hour and a half away from Rio.
When: Every day in the Morning (Between 7 and 11 am)
Total Duration: 1 hour
- 1 Hour surf lesson with a group (max 4 people) or private
- Bi-lingual instructor
- Equipment rentals and guiding services.
- Transportation (Meet in Aproador Beach, we will provide you with exact location & map)
Rio de Janeiro Surf Lessons More info:
- The itinerary and the order of sightseeing may change due to weather and/or adverse conditions. If needed, we will postpone the activity to a suitable date without fees.
- Wear a swimsuit or board shorts
- Rio de Janeiro Surf Lessons take place in Arpoador, every day in the morning, between 7 and 11 am. The exact time and meeting point of your lesson will be on your travel voucher.