Join our Rio Express Highlights Tour (Christ and Sugarloaf) and enjoy a great opportunity to meet two of the greatest Rio’s landmarks in the same day, on an intimate express tour. You will also pass by Santa Teresa and its unique charming architecture and visit the famous Selaron Steps. A van will do the pick-up and the drop off at most hotels in Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana.
Rio Express Highlights Tour (Christ and Sugarloaf) Description:
On the Rio Express Highlights Tour (Christ and Sugarloaf) we will make most of your time by showing you 3 of Rio’s biggest attractions, leaving you with more free time to get to know many other wonders in Rio. This is an excellent option to see the best of Rio if you want limited time in the city.
After hotel pick ups, the van takes you up Corcovado Mountain through the dense Tijuca rain forest to the 38m tall (125ft) Christ Redeemer Statue. The guide has between 40 and 50 minutes to show the wonderful sights of Rio. From the top, enjoy the spectacular views of Rio and the surrounding countryside. After riding the van back down, you will pass through the charming Santa Teresa before arriving at Sugar Loaf.
As you make your way to Sugar Loaf, you will get acquainted with Santa Teresa, a neighborhood with a complete different vibe from the rest of Rio. Here, Old Rio comes alive. Santa Teresa is a neighborhood where laid-backness and tradition meet. But it also brings you street art, such as the amazing Selaron Steps.
The beautiful steps done in ceramic by artist Jorge Selarón are one of a kind. You will have about 10 minutes or so to contemplate it before continue your tour back to your hotel or continuing on to Sugar Loaf Mountain.
After that, you’ll travel all the way to the top of Sugar Loaf in two steps by cable car. The first cable car takes you to Urca Hill, a vantage point 215 meters high for which already grants beautiful views of Guanabara Bay and its islands, the Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
From this stage, a second cable car takes you up to the top. At 395 meters we’ll enjoy splendid views of Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói. Enjoy this magnificent scenery for about 45 minutes until you have to get back down to catch the van which will bring you back to your hotel. If visiting in the afternoon, prepare yourself for the spectacular sunset from the top of Sugar Loaf.
Duration: 4 to 6 hours approximately
- Get a great ride in a van through the Tijuca Rainforest
- Behold the famous Christ Redeemer Statue
- Catch up splendid views from the Corcovado Mountain
- Great perspective of the charming city of Rio de Janeiro
- Pass by Santa Teresa charming neighborhood, the historical Lapa and visit the Selarón Steps
- Cable Car to Morro da Urca (Urca Hill) and Sugar Loaf
- View from Sugar Loaf to the Guanabara Bay and Surrounding Areas
- If visiting in the afternoon, prepare yourself for the spectacular sunset from the top of Sugar Loaf.
- Round-trip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana (South Zone), and some in Barra da Tijuca
- Professional Tour Guide
- Transportation between sights
- Visit to Selaron Steps
- Van Ticket to Corcovado Mountain
- Cable Car Ticket to Urca and Sugar Loaf Mountains
- Food and Drinks
- Optional Gratuities
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Please wait for your guide in the hotel lobby of your selected hotel. If your hotel is not listed, contact us so we can inform you the closest pick up location and time.
- Light clothes, comfortable shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended
- Bring a bottle of water