With small groups of only 12 people or fewer, your Rome Foodie Tour will be more like a casual outing with friends than a traditional tour.
Rome Foodie Tour Description:
This immersive Rome foodie tour starts in one of the city’s finest foodie neighborhoods: the old Jewish Ghetto. As you stop into some of the neighborhood’s favorite trattorias to taste typical Roman starters, your guide will tell you how Roman cuisine developed from the unique mix of people in the city and the ingredients that were seasonally available to them.
Your tour also features a visit to an artisanal cheese shop for a tasting of Pecorino Romano and other Italian cheeses complemented with a glass of local white wine. You will also visit a neighborhood butcher who specializes in local favorites like salami spiked with fennel.
Now it’s time to play chef at a local pizzeria! Because it takes so long for the dough to prove, it will be waiting for you when you arrive. You’ll roll it, add your own toppings and slide it into the huge wood-burning oven. As you work, you’ll also learn interesting hints and tips for making pizza at home, as well as the very important difference between Roman and Neapolitan pizzas.
You’ll finish off the evening in the Italian style; with a stroll through the city and a cup or cone of gelato, learning what differentiates this Italian treat from normal ice cream or sorbet.
When does it run? TBD, 2021 Schedule not available yet
Duration: 3.5 hours approx.
- Old Jewish Ghetto
- Local butcher
- Local cheese shop
- Roman pizzeria
- Pizza-making at a central Rome pizzeria
- Food tastings including small plates (olive oil – meats – cheeses – supplì & more)
- Desert and coffee
- Expert local foodie to give you insider tips and tricks
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
- Hotel Pick-up & Drop Off
- Not recommended for travelers with walking problems
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,… ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund