Traveling in small groups of only 20 or fewer, your historic Rome walking tour will be relaxed and intimate, and your guide easy to hear and talk to. It’s great to program this tour at the beginning of your stay. Throughout your tour, you’ll get all of your questions answered, from where to find the best pizza to whether you should tip your cab driver.
Rome Walking Tour Description:
Your Rome Walking tour starts at the stunning Piazza Navona where you’ll enjoy Bernini’s ‘Fountain of Four Rivers’, one of the most beautiful sculptures in the city. Your guide will give you the story behind the mysterious symbolism and show you some of the more interesting aspects of the plaza. Next, it’s onto our favorite site in Rome – the Pantheon. An awe-inspiring sight, this building is 1,900 years old and still a marvel of engineering. Visiting in the evening, we’ll find it more peaceful than usual, so your guide will have space to unlock its incredible secrets – including how Raphael came to be interred here.
We’ll take a short break from the art and architecture to treat you to some traditional Roman gelato. Italy’s answer to ice cream is full of vibrant flavors sure to wow you.
You’ll finish off the evening in the Italian style; with a stroll through the city and a cup or cone of gelato, learning what differentiates this Italian treat from normal ice cream or sorbet.
After your gelato, your Rome walking tour takes you to The Trevi Fountain. This colossal work is the pride of the city, and your guide will teach you about some of its oldest traditions – just have some coins ready to toss in!
Finally, it’s time to grab a couple of postcard-perfect pictures at the Spanish Steps.
When does it run? Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
Duration: 2.5 hours approx.
- Spanish Steps
- Trevi Fountain
- Pantheon (except on Sundays due to early closure)
- Piazza Navona
- Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers
- Expert Guide
- Insider Tips
- Home-made Gelato
- Hotel Pick-up & Drop Off
- Not recommended for travelers with walking problems
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,… ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund