Are you looking to Stand Up Paddle in Rio de Janeiro? If so, we can add it to your travel package. Stand up paddle surfing (SUP), is a fairly new sport with a Hawaiian heritage. It is an old form of surfing and has reemerged as a way for surfers to paddle longer distances. The sport is gaining in popularity even in calm coastal waters and lakes.
The sport benefits athletes with a strong “core” workout. SUP’ing is popular at warm coastal climates. Another reason for its popularity is that, unlike surfing, paddleboarding is very easy to learn.
Within one hour you will find yourself paddling around, confident and very comfortable in the water. Stand up paddleboarding is also popular among girls, especially because an average adult woman’s lower center of gravity can give them a balance advantage.
If you have never done SUP, there will be an instructor to show you the ropes. He or she will give you a brief orientation and assist you until you feel comfortable.
Available hours: Everyday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Approx. total duration: 1 hour
- Equipment rentals and guiding services
- Brief Orientation from Instructor
- Transportation (We will provide you with the exact meeting point)
More Info Stand Up Paddle in Rio:
- The itinerary and the order of sightseeing may change due to weather and/or adverse conditions inherent in the practice of Adventure Tourism. If needed, we will postpone the activity to a suitable date without fees.
- The exact time and the meeting point will be in your travel voucher