Our Sugarloaf Mountain Hike Tour is a great way to experience one of Rio’s main postcards – Pão de Açúcar, known as Sugarloaf. It is known worldwide for its cable car to get to the top and panoramic views of the city and beyond.
You will be picked up from your hotel and met by the guide at the beginning of the trail. After 20 minutes, we reach a beautiful viewpoint, overlooking the entrance of Guanabara Bay and the city of Niterói.
From there we will start a more technical hike, alternating sections of land, stone ramps and some beautiful viewpoints. The most vertical section of the tour is approximately 20 meters high and is considered basic level climbing.
All safety equipment is included for the tour. After overcoming the small section of climbing, we will return to the technical hike until we reach the viewpoint of the Philosopher’s Stone.
From there we have a magnificent view of Copacabana Beach, Pedra da Gávea and Dois Irmãos. Moving on our hike takes us to the summit of the Sugar Loaf. The way down is made by the Sugar Loaf cable car, which takes us to Morro da Urca.
Sugarloaf Mountain Hike Tour is an unforgettable adventure and a great opportunity for those who have never climbed to have their first contact with the sport.
It does not require previous experience and the descent is in the most famous cable car in the World, the Sugar Loaf cable car.
Available hours: 08 am and 03 pm
Aprox. total duration: 4:00 h
Why Should You Go?
Tijuca’s Rain Forest and Rio de Janeiro are MUST-SEES in Rio de Janeiro. This is a great option if you want to see the biggest Urban Forest the world!
- Adventure Tourism Leader (ISO 21102)
- Guided hike and climb to the Sugar Loaf
- Certified climbing gear to use in the activity
- Personal accidents insurance
- Climb the Sugar Loaf by its conquest path
- Climb in Urca, the largest urban climbing complex in the world
- The way down is made by the best-known cable car in the world: the Bondinho do Pão de Açúcar
What to bring:
- Comfortable footwear with good adhesion, closed and coated (Tennis shoes, Boots, etc.)
- Light snack
- Water compartment (we suggest carrying at least 3 liters)
- Waste compartment
- For those who are allergic to mosquitoes, we advise to take repellent
- Backpack to carry your belongings is required. Hand or shoulder bags are not allowed.