Besides the world famous Christ Statue “Corcovado”, the Sugarloaf Mountain Tour is a must-do and one of Rio de Janeiro’s main attractions.
Sugarloaf Mountain Tour Description:
In the morning, after pick up, you will do a Panoramic tour of downtown Rio passing by the Sambodrome and a stopping at the Metropolitan Cathedral which was built in a pyramidal form with an internal diameter of 96 meters and a height of 80 meters.
Familiarize yourself with traditional Cinelândia Square with its historical buildings, the Municipal Theater, the National Library and the National Museum of Fine Arts.
Via the Aterro do Flamengo, you will be taken to the neighborhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf. You’ll travel all the way to the top in two steps by cable car.
The first cable car takes us to Urca Hill, a vantage point 215 meters high for which already grants beautiful views of Guanabara Bay and its islands, the Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
From this stage, a second cable car takes us up to the top. At 395 meters we’ll enjoy splendid views of Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress, and several beaches of Niterói. After riding the Cable car back down, passengers are returned to their hotels.
Schedule: Days: Daily (mornings). Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- 4-hour guided tour to Sugar Loaf Mountain including cable car ride
- Admire the impressive views below, including Copacabana Beach and Guanabara Bay
- Drive through downtown Rio including the Municipal Theater (Teatro Municipal) and Flamengo Park (THIS PART OF THE TOUR IS NOT AVAILABLE DURING CARNIVAL DUE TO STREET TRAFFIC)
- Roundtrip transport from selected Rio de Janeiro hotels included
- Roundtrip Transfer from Most Hotels
- Professional Tour Guide
- Panoramic City Tour
- Cable Car Ticket
- Food and Beverage
- Optional Gratuities
- This excursion includes a cable car ride. Not recommended for people who are afraid of heights.
- If you would like to avoid picking up and dropping off other passengers, please ask for the last meeting point location when calling to confirm or when selecting your pick up point.
- This tour operates rain or shine
- The downtown tour is not available during Carnival due to street traffic and only visits the Sugarloaf Mountain.