This tour is the ideal route for those who have a quick stay in the city of Manaus and want to know all the points of the famous Rio Negro (Black River) on board a safe and comfortable speed boat. The tour include Pink Dolphins. On a boat trip across the Negro River towards the floating platform for interaction with the Pink Dolphins, you will have the opportunity to swim with these docile animals and observe them when fed by a native.
Swimming With Pink Dolphins from Manaus Tour Description
The private tour – Swimming with Pink Dolphins is a must-do if you are an animal lover! You will be picked up for the tour at around 8:00 am and taken to the port where you will be taken by speed boat to a floating platform so that you can feed/observe the pink dolphins.
A local biologist will provide you with incredible facts regarding the pink dolphins as well as provide you with rules/restrictions of things to do and not do in terms of swimming and touching them as they are wild animals.
The activity takes about 30 to 40 minutes and afterward you will have some time to check out local souvenirs. After this, the guide will take you to a local community to have lunch (the typical lunch is grilled fish). After lunch, you will be taken back to your hotel. The tour takes about 5 to 6 hours.
- Swimming with Pink Dolphins
- Private car
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Speedboat to go and to come back to the floating house, where the dolphins are
- Taxes to swim with the dolphins
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Personnel expenses and other items not mentioned here.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Pink Dolphins are sensitive animals and aiming at the safety of visitors and the welfare of the animals, some care is necessary
- Do not intentionally touch, scream, or feed them
- Do not use sunscreen, repellent, body cream or oil. When in contact with certain products, Pink Dolphins have their eyes and smell attacked.
- Regardless of weather conditions, Tours will take place normally. The above schedules may change due to weather, access, or other factors that the company believes may interfere with the safety or well-being of passengers.
- Wear light clothes; bring a towel and swimwear. Bring sunscreen and insect repellent (remember the warning regarding contact with animals)
- Most travelers can participate
- We suggest you taking cash in local currency in case of personal expenses with handicrafts and consumption at the bar