Eat your way around Athens in this amazing Taste of Athens Foodie Walking Tour. The tour starts from Syntagma square, home to Greece’s Parliament building, guarded by the traditionally attired Evzone guards. Our local expert will warmly welcome you to this vibrant city and together you will commence this intriguing walking tour through the historical areas of Athens. He will share his passion and knowledge of this city of contrasts, and reveal the authentic Athens and its secrets. Stroll through Plaka the “old quarter” of Athens, surrounding the base of the Acropolis, and admire the beautiful Neo Classical architecture and narrow lanes.
Stop at a colorful local streetside café and enjoy the opportunity to taste local tidbits, such as olives, fragrant cheese, and bites of cured meats.
Continue afterwards through Monastiraki, home to the lively flea market, abundant with colorful shops selling local crafts and souvenirs. Afterwards our stroll takes us to Thission, a great vantage point in historical Athens, boasting stunning views of the Acropolis, the Ancient Agora, and the impeccable temple of Hephaestus. Here we reward ourselves with a pick me up of a traditional Greek coffee whilst marveling at the Ancient centre, we understand why Athens is known today as the “cradle of western civilization!”
Taste of Athens Foodie Walking Tour. Highlights:
- Taste your way around the best food Athens has to offer
- Marvel at the ancient buildings in downtown Athens.
- Enjoy the service a fully private local expert giving you the tour.
- Immerse yourself in local Greek culture.
- Walking tour of Athens center
- Local expert throughout the tour
- Tastes of Greek cuisine
- Walk through the old quarter of Athens
- Tour includes walking in busy streets with traffic.
- Any food allergies need to be advised to your tour escort.
- Athens in the summer is quite hot, so comfortable shoes, hat and water are recommended
See more Athens Tours