Our Vatican Guided Tour included in your Rome Travel Package is one of the most complete tours available.
Vatican Guided Tour Description:
The Vatican is widely considered among UNESCO–listed Rome’s top attractions, but the long queues can make visiting a challenge. On this tour, save valuable sightseeing time with skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica, and marvel at Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. With your guide to lead the way, hear the hidden secrets of the Vatican’s most impressive frescoes, paintings, and statues.
When does it run? Daily (Except Sundays)
Duration: 3.5 hours approx.
- Sistine Chapel
- Raphael Rooms
- Belvedere Courtyard with Apollo Belvedere & Laocoön & His Sons
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Gallery of the Candelabra
- Gallery of the Maps
- Gallery of the Tapestries
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- St. Peter’s Square
- Skip-the-Line Access tickets to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-Line Access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Expert Walks of Italy tour guide
- Small group
- Hotel Pick-up & Drop Off
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this Vatican Guided tour will be amended to ensure your safety
- Please note that the opening time of the Vatican Museums may vary, we will vary the tour start time accordingly.
- St.Peter’s Basilica may not be accessible. If this occurs during your tour we will spend more time inside the Museums & Chapel and your guide will give you introduction to the church should you wish to visit this on your own at a later time
- Please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees.
- Most travelers can participate
- While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. We advise clients to contact Walks Customer Service Team to make further arrangements.
- Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas etc must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums entrance to collect these after the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers