Zipline and Rafting in Arenal is a must do if you are looking for adventure! Both activities can be done in one day as you would start with Ziplining, have lunch and then finish the day with Rafting.
Zipline and Rafting in Arenal Description:
This zipline circuit consists of 13 platforms, including 4 built in enormous trees with a specialized anchor system which allows the trees to grow unharmed. The cables range in heights from 20 m. (65 ft.) to 90 m. (300 ft.) and between 70 m. (230 ft.) and 600 m. (1970 feet) in lengths. This allows you to reach speeds of up to 56 kph (35 mph)! Each cable has distinct dimensions and scenery. We will fly above canyons, mountains, farmlands, and lush rainforests.
By the time we reach the 6th cable, your confidence level will be high, so you can let go and let the guide control your braking, while you focus only on the views and the thrill of the ride. Next we will stop for the popular Tarzan Swing and our surprise challenge.
After enjoying some fresh fruit, we will drive for about an hour through rural areas, plantations, and towns to reach the river. We will equip you with a life jacket, helmet, and paddle as well as safety instructions.
The 11 km (7 mile) section of the river has more than 30 rapids, big waves, and a variety of challenging obstacles. No one will walk away dry! Surfing the waves, 360° turns, and maximum adrenaline is all part of this thrilling adventure. This intermediate level of rafting is ideal for amateurs to experts (Class II – III).
As we descend the river the waves will decrease in intensity which will then allow us time to observe and enjoy some of the wildlife that inhabits the area. Be on the lookout for aquatic birds, sloths, monkeys, toucans, and tropical frogs.
After our rafting adventure, we will stop at our restaurant, “La Finquita” to enjoy a delicious Costa Rican lunch and then you will be taken to your hotel.
Duration: 7 hours
- Rafting Adventure (Class II – III)
- Entrance fees
- Rafting and zip-line gear
- Fruits and bottle of water
- Specialist guides for white water and zip-lines
- Closed and well tied shoes to protect from rocks and get wet, light clothing, extra clothing, sunscreen, insect repellent, swimsuit.
- Recommended weight should be under 300 pounds (136 kilos).
- The maximum waist and chest width cannot exceed 4.2 feet (130 cm), due to the dimensions of our harness and PDF.
- Not recommended for acrophobics.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with a minimum of 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for people with heart problems, recent surgeries, back problems, people with low mobility or pregnancy.
- It is prohibited to participate in the tour consuming substances that cause behaviors that affect the safety of the tour as well as the enjoyment of other tourists
- Hotels and Pick Up Places included in price must be inside a perimeter of 5 miles around La Fortuna Main Office. If your hotel is not included in the pick up list, or it´s located out of the pick up perimeter, an extra payment will be charged for the transport service. In this case the booking won’t be completed until the extra payment is done.
See More Tours in La Fortuna