Iceland Golden Circle Tour route encompasses three of the country’s most famous natural attractions: Thingvellir National Park, the Strokkur geyser and geothermal area, and Gullfoss waterfall. This 7- to 8-hour day trip takes includes about an hour at each stop. Make sure your camera has plenty of storage, because photo ops of the fascinating Icelandic landscape abound.
Iceland Golden Circle Tour Description:
Starting at 8am get picked up from your Reykjavik hotel and get ready for a 7- to 8-hour guided tour of Iceland’s Golden Circle.
This route is the most popular for visitors to Iceland and it takes in three of the most spectacular natural sites in Icelandic nature.
Accompanied by a local guide, travel by comfortable minibus and make the most of a 1-hour stop — and multiple photo opportunities — at each site along the Golden Circle.
Marvel at the raw power of Gullfoss, one of the world’s magnificent waterfalls. Get up close to an erupting hot spring at the Geysir geothermal area; a natural phenomenon where a spouting hot spring called Strokkur erupts every 5-10 minutes.
See the meeting point of two continental plates and learn about the world’s first parliament — the Althing, established in 930 — at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Food and beverages are available for purchase at two of the sites and you can relax in the knowledge that the minibus will drop you off where you began, at your own Reykjavik hotel, around six to seven hours later.
When does it run? Daily
Duration: 7 hours
- Don’t miss this popular route through Iceland’s natural wonders
- Visit Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Watch the geothermal eruption of the Strokkur geyser
- Marvel at the Gullfoss waterfall
- Round Trip Transport
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free WiFi on the Bus
- Comfortable Coaches
- Golden Circle Tour
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refun
See more Iceland Tours