Come and see the tourist attractions of Madrid through the Madrid City Tour / Madrid Hop On Hop Off Tour! Board the double-decker, open-top bus, and set off on Route One, Route Two, or both. Learn about Madrid’s history using a complimentary, onboard headset. Disembark to visit museums, landmarks, plazas, and theaters, and explore the Spanish capital using the guidebook and map provided.
Madrid Hop On Hop Off Tour Description:
Madrid, the capital of Spain, blends modern with the cultural, artistic, and the ancient – making this city a perfect destination for the travelers. Madrid’s many prime attractions include the impressive Plaza Mayor (square), the stunning Royal Palace, the Plaza de Oriente, and the ‘Paseo del Arte’, famous for its unique museums, palaces, and gardens. With 1 or 2 days flexible Madrid Hop On Hop Off tour you can explore Madrid at your own pace and see the main sites.
When does it run: Daily
Duration: Your ticket is valid for 1 or 2 days.
Buses run at the following times:
01 Mar – 31 Oct: 9:00am – 10:00pm
01 Nov – 29 Feb: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Frequency: 7-15 minutes and full loop takes about 80 min.
Blue Route: 80 minutes
Green Route: 65 minutes
You can board the bus from any of the stops
You can get off at any of the stops
Madrid Hop On Hop Off Tour Itinerary:
With two routes on this city tour, you can explore all the attractions at your leisure.
Your ticket is valid for 1 or 2 days from when you first board one of the buses. Buses run from 9:00 am-10:00 pm, depending on the season of the year, around every 7-15 minutes. Your ticket allows you unlimited use, meaning you can hop-on and hop-off as many times as you like at any of the designated spots! There is a multilingual audio commentary in 8 languages is available on this tour.
The stops include:
Museo del Prado, Puerta de Alcalá, Barrio de Salamanca, Plaza de Colón, Plaza de Cibeles, Gran Via, Plaza de España, Templo de Debod, Teatro Real, Palacio Real, Puerta de Toledo, San Francisco El Grande, Catedral Almudena, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Círculo Bellas Artes, Museo Thyssen, Museo Reina Sofía, Jardín Botánico and Museo del Prado.
Route nº 2 (Green color):
Plaza Neptuno, Plaza de Cibeles, Plaza de Colón, Museo Esculturas, Museo de Ciencias Naturales, Nuevos Ministerios, Santiago Bernabéu, C.S.I. Científicas, Museo Lázaro Galdiano, Serrano, Museo Arqueológico, Puerta de Alcalá, Alcalá, Puerta del Sol, Plaza de las Cortes and Plaza de Neptuno.
You may choose to conclude this tour at any of the stops mentioned above as per your convenience.
- Audio commentary in Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Japanese. You can plug into your preferred language.
- 1 or 2-day ticket for air-conditioned double-decker open-top buses
- Disposable earphones
- FREE WI-FI on board the hop on hop off bus
- Map of the city
- Discount checks for different shops and restaurants
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Attraction Tickets
- Buses are adapted for passengers with reduced mobility. The features include an automatic access ramp, reserved space for wheelchairs with safety clamps and fastenings, and an extended ramp and kneeling system to the right of the bus
- Hop-on hop-off tickets are not available for infants aged from 0 to 6 years old, as passes are free of charge
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- The regular Madrid City Tour service may be affected due to ongoing events in the city, adverse traffic conditions .