The South Iceland & Glacier Hike Tour tour takes you to south Iceland traveling through lush farmlands with views of powerful volcanoes, glaciers and thundering waterfalls. Walk on a spellbinding glacier landscape on Sólheimajökull glacier. You will find a combination of expansive views, jagged peaks, blue glaciers, and wide-open sky provide a steady stream of awesome photographic opportunities.
South Iceland & Glacier Hike Tour Description:
This tour takes you to south Iceland travelling through lush farmlands with views of powerful volcanoes, glaciers and thundering waterfalls.
First in a series of natural landmarks is Skógafoss waterfall, arguably the country‘s most iconic waterfall and one of south Iceland‘s star attraction. Viking legends tell of a treasure buried in a cave behind the waterfall.
From Skógafoss you travel east to Sólheimajökull glacier for a 1 hour walk in a spellbinding glacier landscape. Combination of expansive views, jagged peaks, cool blue glaciers and wide-open sky provide a steady stream of amazing photographic opportunities.
Heading back to Reykjavik from Sólheimajökull your last but by no means the last is the iconic Seljalandsfoss waterfall where you can literally walk behind a curtain of water which is certainly a moment you’ll want to capture on camera.
When does it run? Daily
Duration: 12 hours
- The picturesque Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Walking on Sólheimajökull glacier
- Skógafoss waterfall
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- One hour glacier walking tour on Sólheimajökull glacier
- Certified glacier guides
- Specialized glacier gear (climbing harness, glacier crampons, ice pick and other safety equipment when needed)
- Food and drinks
- Bring warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head wear and gloves, and preferably proper hiking boots
- Minimum age for glacier hiking is 8 years
see more Iceland Tours