The Iceland, Waterfalls & Black Sand Beach tour make you walk in pitch-black volcanic sand beaches to snow-capped peaks of Iceland‘s biggest volcanoes, South Iceland is a visually spectacular and geologically intriguing part of the country that features many of Iceland‘s most awe-inspiring destinations.
South Iceland, Waterfalls & Black Sand Beach Description:
Your South Iceland journey will take you through the country’s lush farmlands, flanked by rugged mountains, glaciers (including the infamous Eyjafjallajökull) and volcanoes of the interior on one side and vast Atlantic ocean views on the other.
On this tour of South Iceland, you will also experience the powerful beauty of Seljalandsfoss waterfall, where the Seljalandsá river, which originates under Eyjafjallajökull glacier, falls, as well as Skógafoss, one of the largest waterfalls in Iceland.
Just outside the town of Vík í Mýrdal (or just Vík to the locals), you will visit the soaring basalt rock formation known as Reynisdrangar and the black sand beach of Reynisfjara.
A written description is nothing compared to the lived experience. Let the guides at Gray Line bring South Iceland to life with stories, facts, science, and history.
When does it run? Daily
Duration: 10 hours
- Exploring the black volcanic sand beach of Reynisfjara
- Standing up close to the iconic Skógafoss waterfall
- Awesome view of Reynisdrangar sea stacks
- Charm and peace of Vík Village
- Views of glaciers and volcanoes
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Food and drinks
What do I need to bring:
- Warm, wind and waterproof clothing and good sturdy shoes suitable for uneven terrain
- Packing a raincoat and waterproof boots is a good idea if you plan on enjoying its waterfalls up close.
see more Iceland Tours