If you are looking for a true paradise off the beaten path, we highly recommend our Jericoacoara Travel Package. Jericoacoara (Jeri for short) is small fishing village located 300 km west of Fortaleza in the Northeast of Brazil.
Up until the early 1980’s, this remote village in the middle of sand dunes had no electricity or roads. In 1984, the area around Jeri was declared an Environmental Protection Area (EPA) and in 2002 a National Park. Being an EPA, Jeri has building restrictions and tourism controls with only authorized vehicles allowed in.
As Jeri became known for its beautiful beaches, panoramic sunsets, incredible landscapes (dunes & lagoons), exciting activities (world renown for Kite & Wind Surfing), adventurers and backpackers gave notice. Today, the village is a go-to destination for local Brazilians, avid Kite & Wind Surfers from all over the world & travelers looking for a one-of-a-kind destination.
Jericoacoara Travel Package Highlights:
- Take a Dip in the Blue Hole (Buraco Azul) and admire its unusual blue color
- Spend an Afternoon at the Paradise Lagoon and chill in the famous hammocks set over the water
- Get an Adrenaline Rush dashing through the sand dunes on the West Coast
- Watch the Spectacular Sunset on top of the Dunes
- Enjoy Moonlit Walks through the villages sand-only streets at night.
You can travel to Jeri year-round. It doesn’t get below 22 °C (70 °F). The rainy season is between January & June. The most expensive times to travel are during Brazilian holidays.
Our Jericoacoara Travel Package is recommended for at least 4 nights because of its remote access. You may also have to stay 1 or 2 nights in Fortaleza depending on your flights. Our travel experts completely customize your package for the best experience possible!