Our Rio Shore Excursion for Discovery Princess 2022 Passengers is broken into two half day private tours in order to make your experience more enjoyable. Keep in mind that during high season, city traffic can be intense so for this reason we offer the tours separately instead of a full day experience. Keep in mind that these shore excursions are private tours, so we can customize them without a problem.
This package is one of our best sellers for cruise ship passengers on a short stop-over in Rio de Janeiro. It includes two fully private half day tours of Rio’s two main attractions – Sugarloaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer along with a steakhouse dinner or Samba Lounge.
Rio Shore Excursion for Discovery Princess Passengers Includes:
- Half Day Tour of Sugarloaf Mountain (cable car entrance)
- Private vehicle with English speaking tour guide
- Samba Lounge with Private Guide and Entrance OR Steakhouse Dinner at Brazilian Steakhouse
- Half Day Tour of Christ the Redeemer Statue
- Entrance to the Christ
*Exclusions: Gratuities, Lunch & Drinks
Rio Shore Excursion Dates:
January 19 – 20, 2022
Jan 19, 2022: Half day Sugarloaf Mountain: (duration 4 to 6 hours): 09:00am pick up time from the Discovery Princess Cruise Ship terminal by your private English speaking licensed Rio tour guide. Your tour guide will be holding a sign with your name on it. His/her local number and “watsap” will be provided prior to arrival in order to facilite meeting the guide.
Description of Sugarloaf Mountain Tour:
Besides Corcovado, the Sugarloaf Mountain Tour is a must do and one of Rio de Janeiro’s main attractions. Via the Aterro do Flamengo, you will be taken to the neighborhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf. You’ll travel all the way to the top in two steps by cable car. The first cable car takes us to Urca Hill, a vantage point 215 meters high for which already grants beautiful views of Guanabara Bay and its islands, the Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. From this stage, a second cable car takes us up to the top. At 395 meters we’ll enjoy splendid views of Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói.
After riding the Cable car back down, passengers are returned to the cruise ship or can be dropped off anywhere in the local vicinity of Rio (for example Copacabana or Ipanema to do some shopping or sightseeing/lunch on the boardwalk).
That evening you have the choice to enjoy a succulent Brazilian Rodizio steakhouse dinner or you can dance the night away at a world famous Samba Lounge in downtown Rio.
January 20, 2022: Christ Statue Private Tour (pick-up at noon)
Description of Christ the Redeemer Tour:
After picking you up from the Discovery Princess Cruise Ship terminal in the early afternoon, we will reach the Cosme Velho Train cog station, which sits at the bottom of Corcovado Mountain. Here, we will take the ride up to the top, through the dense Tijuca rain forest to the 38m tall (125ft) Christ Redeemer Statue.
With a panoramic view from the top, the guide will show you the spectacular sights of Rio and the surrounding countryside for approximately 40-60 minutes. After riding the train back down, passengers are returned to the cruise port.
Rio Shore Excursion for Discovery Princess Passengers Notes:
- Tour can be fully customized based on number of travelers.
- We can also do full day tours upon request but half day tours are recommended.
- Carnival tickets can be for Sunday or Monday of Carnival – same price
- Tours are fully PRIVATE with air conditioned and sanitized vehicles .
- Carnival shuttle service is NON private
- Duration of tours is six hours, guides can take you to explore other parts of Rio time permitting. (first day only)
- Clients will be billed extra hours if they surpass the allotted time.
- Tour order and times subject to change based on available ticket times and preferences.
- Trip insurance available and highly recommended.
Check out other Rio de Janeiro Tours that we offer. Just keep in mind that tours for Cruise Ship Passengers need to be Private Tours.